In-library use, Borrowing items
Reading in the Library
You can read the books or journals (magazines, bulletins) in the Library freely. After use, please put the materials on the book cart located in each floor (because of avoiding infection).
Use of materials in the closed stacks
If you are a member of Tokyo Gakugei University, you can enter the basement and pick your required items from the stacks. For the first time, however, you need to register to enter the basement at the 1st floor Service Counter.
When you borrow books or journals, please show your library card and complete the necessary procedures at the 1st floor Service Counter.
- Limits on borrowed materials and loan periods
|Category of users||Items||Limits||Loan period|
|Members of Tokyo Gakugei University (Faculty members, university staff, graduate and undergraduate students, research students, and so on)||Books||12 vols.||1 month|
|Journals||3 issues||1 day|
- THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS ARE NOT FOR LOAN
- Reference books (dictionaries, yearbooks, catalogues, etc.)
- Audiovisual materials and CD-ROM software
- Microform materials
- Original editions of newspapers
- Master's theses and doctoral dissertations
- Rare books (the Mochizuki collection, the Matsuura collection, and so on)
- Materials with a red label
If books are not reserved by other users, a loan period can be renewed for a period of up to two weeks from the day of procedure. You can also make a procedure of renewal with our “My Library” system on our website (in Japanese only).
Please return books and journals into the book drop in front of the entrance (this is tentative measures because of avoiding infection).
If the book(s) you wish to read are currently on loan to someone else, you can reserve them on OPAC. You can reserve a book by clicking the “Reserve” button and using our “My Library” system on our website (in Japanese only).
- Additional book-borrowing is not permitted if any of the books you have borrowed are overdue. BE CAREFUL NOT TO HAVE ANY OVERDUE BOOKS!
- If you lose or destroy a borrowed book, you should provide recompense!
Phone ：042-329-7223 / 7225